Thursday, January 29, 2015

NCC presents: 50s wallpaper nail art

Time for my third nail challenge collaborative post this month with the theme wallpaper. And as I said in my first post I decided to do a little "history lesson", doing my nail art's inspired by the wallpaper/interior designs of certain decades, going back in time. My last post was a 70's wallpaper nail art and next leap is into the 50s.

Source 1 (wallpaper pattern), Source 2 (yellow kitchen)
Well, obviously the 50s wasn't all yellow, I just happened to fall for that and I liked the pattern. The yellow kitchen is from 1959 and the wallpaper there is actually chickens. I also saw a blue kitchen in the same tone.

Basically I used the pattern from the wallpaper, yellow base, stripes and dots in white and gray, which looked kinda graphical and cool. The photos came out kinda weird (think it was dark when I took these) but overall I like this.









Polishes used:
Essence - Love Is In The Air
La Femme (gray)
Kleancolor - White
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White



An InLinkz Link-up

So what do you think? Anyone with knowledge from the 50s, did you see any yellow styling back then and also do you recall any other colors, color tones at that time? :)

20 comments:

  1. I love you ideas for unique and amazing nail art, This one is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work!!! thank you so much for your comment!!!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!!!
    Have a nice day!!! my g+ and like's in bloglovin for your post too!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is once again sooo perfect! LOVE it!

    Greets from the EDELFABRIK
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vad snyggt det blev! Jag tänker på någon form av kretskort eller nåt när jag ser detta. Riktigt läckert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! haha, du har rätt i det när du säger det. Tänkte inte på det innan. ^^

      Delete
  5. Åh vilket najs mönster! Älskar kombinationen gul-grå-vit, fick just en flashback till en randig manikyr jag gjorde för flera år sedan med just de färgerna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, de färgerna passar så himla bra ihop :D

      Delete
  6. Cool mani and nice inspiration. Things were different back then! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing nail art!!! Beautiful designs!
    Beautiful photos!
    Would you like us to follow eachother on GFC and stay in touch?
    Have a nice day!
    xo from Italy,
    Sonia Verardo
    http://www.trenchcollection.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia :D I'll check your blog out :P

      Delete
  8. Perfekt design! Gillar den supermycket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja mönstret var som gjort för nail art så det blev ju lätt så sett också. ^^

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.