Thursday, February 27, 2014

China Glaze - There's Snow One Like You, swatch

I figured that I'd should show some winter like manicures in the archive when there's still some snow left outside. I'm also going to do a 31 day challenge starting 1st of March (anyone can join btw), basically the same as Chalkboardnails 31DC except some small changes, so when I'm done with that it's April and I guess the spring has started by then. :)

China Glaze - There's Snow One Like You is a non glittery texture polish with some snow resemblance. Basically I would call the formula jelly/crelly filled with texture and white matte hexagon glitter. Two coats where needed to make it cover. I've previously read that people have had problems with application but I didn't find it that hard. I just felt that it was important to have enough polish on the brush, but sure, the consistency is lumpy. I had also heard that it easily got tip wear so I pressed the nail edges to my finger and I also filed my nails/the polish when it was dry (to prevent any glitter sticking out causing tip wear of chipping) and it worked fine during the 2 days I wore it.This is also my "most textured" polish I got but I actually liked that.

Final thoughts then. I really like this polish, I like the textured trend in general. However I hope there will come out some more white texture polishes because there is one thing bugging me about this polish. The thing that makes the texture in the polishes are small plastic "balls", the balls are "plastic colored", ie "grayish" which make the white base look kinda dirty. I prefer my snow clean. ;)









Here you can see how the polish blend to the snow. ;)


What do you think about this polish? Too textured for you or just fun? Do you know any more brands with white texture polishes?

22 comments:

  1. Ja det såg verkligen ut som snö! Riktigt coolt, även om jag är lite mätt på texturer nu. Himla snygg vit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alltid kul med lite annorlunda lack tycker jag ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Gelic, I do love a good white texture - my favorite to the day is Opi Solitaire which has a clear silver tinge so a "real" white would be much to my liking. However for me this China Glaze is a total no-go but I can really see what is making it a Gelic-polish ;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'll check it out, I'm always up for ideas of more polishes! :D I also think that this could be a polish only suitable for long nails, since it's more textured than others I've tried and it might look thick (or thicker) on shorter nails. And Yea, it's a gelic-polish, anything fugly is I think..haha :D

      Delete
  3. Nej, det där kan jag absolut hoppa över att köpa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tänkt att jag hade det på känn att du inte skulle gilla detta ;) :D

      Delete
  4. Glad you didn't have any problems with application:) I love that effect but it cheaps so fast on my nails...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, maybe I got lucky because I used much polish on the brush to be able to applicate it. I think you should try my method to avoid the chipping! I think if the large glitter sticks out from the nails it definitely will chip, but if you push them in when the polish is wet and also slightly file the nails when it's dry nothing sticks out and it wont chip out of that reason. If it still chips I'd change my base coat. :P

      Delete
  5. Tycker det ser riktigt coolt ut :) vitt e ju inte riktigt min färg men på nåt sätt gilla jag det ändå :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag håller med, tycker också det ser coolt ut! Känner mig väldigt sugen på att matcha detta med Belugaria som känns ganska likt på många sätt. Måste bara köpa belugaria först. ;)

      Delete
  6. Den ser häftig ut mot snön ffa men generellt gillar jag inte alls detta lack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nä, det är ett lack som jag tror man antingen hatar eller älskar. Jag tycker att det är riktigt häftigt och annorlunda :D

      Delete
  7. white textures were at opi (bond girls: Solitaire), dance legend, l'etoile (russian analog of sephora - they did their own line of cosmetics too - I showed this one in my new year's mani), and there must be something else for sure =)

    about this polish and it's analogs (essie's Belugaria and Nails inc.'s beaded polishes) - I think, it looks too textured, a bit too much... messy.
    but it looks not so bad on your long nails, I must admit =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the proposals, now I have more polishes to buy.. haha :D Especially that dance legend you showed swatches/links of.. :D

      It is totally more textured than my other textures but it's mostly a visual effect, it doesn't "feel" thicker than any other texture on the nail. However I agree with you that I like them the best on long nails.. I've seen swatches with extremely short nails and then it can look thick and weird..

      Delete
  8. mmmm.... Kul att det är så verklighetstroget snön men i övrigt lämnar det en del att önska enligt mig. Och jag som i vanliga fall brukar gilla struktur starkt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mja, jag tror att det är ett sånt lack som man antingen älskar eller hatar. :P

      Delete
  9. I love this China Glace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this looks like the most textured texture polish I've ever seen but I love the gentle sparkle and it looks really great photographed next to the snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepp, it's more textured that my other textures! Apparently Essie - Belugaria is similar but in black. I think it's a fun polish! :D

      Delete
  11. If you love this polish I can only highly recommend Belugaria by essie to you! It's also a textured polish but in black and the application/consistency is sooo much better (even though I don't find TSLY difficult) Plus you can wear it throughout the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Yea, I'm thinking of buying Belugaria! :D And so nice to hear a comparision between both Belugaria and TSLY. People have said that Belugaria has been dreadful to paint with and I didn't find TSLY too difficult either, of course it's not the same as a creme but on the other hand a texture doesn't have to lay perfect on the nail, since it's textured ;) So I'd say it's just different. :D Can't wait to try Belugaria now! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.