Monday, August 5, 2013

Lush Lacquer - Blue Gypsy

For this Blue Monday at Lindas Nailorama, I mean Nailme...and I'm showing Lush Lacquer - Blue Gypsy. I guess everyone has seen it by know but that wont stop me.

 Blue Gypsy is a bright pastel blue crelly with smaller matte dark blue and matte purple hexagon glitter, larger matte orange hexagon, small matte black stars and prismatic circular glitter in orange and purple.

 This Lush Lacquer has the same problem as the other; application sucks. It could potentially cover in two coats but the large glitter sweeps the polish around leaving bold spots so I ended up with three coats. The formula was a bit tricky too.

This polish has a lot of potential, I love the base color and the matte glitter hex glitter and also the stars even if they are too sparse, but I HATE the large circular glitter.

There's three reasons I don't like them. One I've already mentioned below and that is that move around when I try to paint and leave marks in the surface even with the first coat. On my pinky finger in picture below you see another reason, they aren't flat on the nail and stick up leaving the surface bumpy and weird. And the third reason is that I think that the crelly is too pigmented to have prismatic glitter in it.. now it looks like the glitter breaks, like if it was a sauce and the two ingredients can't be mixed..

14 comments:

  1. Lush lacquers are so amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are often very beautiful and so unique but the formula is often hell like. :/

      Delete
  2. Hi Gelic - first things first: despite the hassle this Blue Gipsy looks beautiful on you!!! As for the rest - thank you for that great post, I was always on the fence about this one and reading your review I will give it a polite nod and let it pass. This thing with the big glitters are a no-no-no for me!!! Have a lovely day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fun to hear because when the pictures where taken my nails had just been cut so I needed a great polish and I was a bit disappointed when I used LL. It's so sad that the formula and application are so messy, I really would like to like them since many of them feel so unique and pretty.. Have a lovely day you too! :)

      Delete
  3. Åhh den här var snygg!! Gillar den. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jag vill gilla den, det är mycket som är rätt men även en hel del som är fel dessvärre. Men kan man stå ut med lite svårigheter att lacka så funkar det ju. :P

      Delete
  4. Wait wait, is this Lush as in Lush with the bath bombs and bubble bars? If so, then I had no clue they made nail polish :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. no I don't think it's the same. This is a indie brand made by a private person. :D

      Delete
  5. Jag gillar den här, men jag ogillar att glittren inte ligger platt längs med nageln, så den får nog passera.. Men fint blir det i alla fall! Kul att du var med denna veckan också!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det är en av sakerna som är sådär med detta lack. Men visst kan det se fint ut :) Alltid kul att vara med :)

      Delete
  6. Jag köpte ju några Lush minisar och ingen av dem har varit bra. Jag tycker det är ett skitmärke som ger indies dåligt rykte. Lacken är underbara i flaskan men hopplösa att måla med och det finns säkert de som tror att alla indielack är lika illa, vilket inte är sant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jag tycker också det är tråkigt att de är så dåliga att måla med. Och som du säger så ger de indies ett dåligt rykte. Det finns faktiskt ETT som jag prövat men ännu inte visat här som var helt okej att måla med, men det känns mer som ett lyckligt misstag när alla andra verkas så dåliga. Tycker verkligen att de är jättetråkigt att lacken applikationsmässigt är så dåliga eftersom de är så unika och uppfinningsrika med olika glitter och färger så jag vill gilla dem egentligen, men hindras av applikationssvårigheterna som säljaren måste ha vetat om när hon sålde dem.

      Delete
  7. Väldigt fint, men jag håller med om cirkelglittren! Har svårt för så stora glitter. De passar inte mina väldigt kupade naglar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mjo, fint men problematiskt! Mina är också kupade och kanske hade det funkat om formulan varit bättre och om de på något vis hade varit mjukare, nu klumpade de ihop sig och allting blev pannkaka!

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.