Thursday, August 29, 2013

Abstract American nail art

Today I'm showing the 6th country in the Where In The World Challenge and the country is USA. I had a hard time coming up with a cool idea, USA is so large (so many things to make fun nail art of) and when I did this for some months ago 4th of july had just passed and then I did a USA water marble. This time I went for abstract again and used the needle technique (needle dragging nail art) to create patterns in red, blue and white.


I started with red, blue and a jelly white since I thought it could look almost like a funky french. I made these images small but they're are as usual clickable if you want to take a closer look.



However, After a while I felt like something was missing and added a white glitter polish on top and I think it came together even better than before!





Hope you liked this!

Polishes used:
Kleancolor - Neon Sapphire
Kleancolor - Sheer Pastel White
Kleancolor - Blood (red)
Oopsie Daisies - Zeus

Have you missed a country? Then click on the land below.
1. Australia  

2. Canada
3. Spain
4. Israel 
5. Poland

19 comments:

  1. White glitter definitely changed the whole look of the mani. I love it (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that white glitter is gorgeous! I might just have to invest in some.
    Also, the funky french is so cool, I love how it looks like the varnish has dripped down, I don't know how you did it, but it works really well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like that glitter too, I actually got two brands, this and one from Ninja Polish and they're basically the same. Ie. both are awesome.
      Thank's and fun you liked the funky french, I used a needle to make the pattern in the wet polish! :D I have a tutorial of it here: http://gelicnailart.blogspot.se/2012/11/needle-dragging-tutorial.html

      Delete
  3. Wow, drag marble kan verkligen bli hur snyggt som helst! Gillar glitteröverlacket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, dessutom kan man ju variera det löjligt mycket! :D Glitterlacket är dessutom en hit som jag kan rekommendera.

      Delete
  4. Slutresultatet blev riktigt bra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snyggt! Det vita glittret blev verkligen pricken över i som band ihop hela manikyren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, det var det jag kände också, någonting saknades innan och glittret blev som du säger pricen över i!:D

      Delete
  6. Superfint! Jag gillade det verkligen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Men åh vad fint!! Glittret gjorde verkligen det där lilla extra!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! :D Håller med, kände att något saknades och då blev det vitt glitter vilket jag också tyckte blev bra! :D

      Delete
  8. Hi Gelic - amazing mani!!! And the glitter is the sparkle on the cake so to say ;-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! First I wasn't content with this but no afterwards I actually liked it, especially with the glitter! ;)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.